Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties
We are a provider of professional engineering, construction management and inspection services to cities and other public agencies. Our firm specializes in construction, program, and project management services.
Who we are looking for:
A Construction Inspector – Public Works who will work on Cities Public Works Construction projects (e.g. curbs, gutters, curb ramps, sidewalks, storm drains, RCP, water & sewer main replacements, water/sewer service laterals, street lights, other concrete work, traffic signals, median landscape work, monument/way-finding signs, utility relocation & adjustments, grind & overlay, slurry/cape/chip seal, roadway re-construction & rehabilitation, ARHM, conventional asphalt, traffic loop replacement, striping and signage. The inspection work will be for the Cities in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. This position suits a person who wants to work full-time and on a project basis. The projects’ construction duration may be between 2 to 6 months.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Oversees the day-to-day project construction activities.
· Monitors and records all work conducted by the contractor.
· Prepares a comprehensive Daily Report, including measurements, quantities, activities, etc.
· Identifies and records any construction obstacles impacting the scope, plans, specifications, and/or estimate.
· Communicates with the Construction Manager, City, Contractor, and other parties involved in the project.
· Documents the contractor's daily compliance and non-compliance of contract documents, ensuring quality control of project construction activities.
· Understands general construction, methods, materials, safety practices, quality control, and contract administration.
· Conducts on-site inspections of project construction, enforcing compliance of plans, specifications, City standards, safety practices, and proper material use.
· Reviews traffic control plans and procedures to ensure compliance with construction zones.
· Performs constructability reviews of plans and specifications.
· Assists in review of contractor claims, change orders, etc.
· Attends project kick-off, progress, and field meetings.
· Checks for proper dimensions, quantities, and material use.
· Prepares progress reports and recommendations on project construction activities.
· 10+ years of Construction Inspection experience for Public Works projects.
· Public Works Inspection Certification is desirable.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge with computer related tasks.
· Ability to prepare reports and correspondences.
· Ability to analyze project issues, establish solutions, and review outcomes.
· Familiarity with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and standard plans and specifications for public work construction. (Greenbook)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: Prevailing Wage
Please email resumes to JamieD@LAEassociates.com or call (714) 993-2840